- Asia Crafts Link (ACL) (formerly known as N.G.O.Myanmar Crafts Support Association) was founded in 2012 by Mr. Saito Shuichi and four other members of the board in the Japanese city of Niigata. ACL’s initiative goal was to reinforce and develop the innovative handicraft designs influenced by both Myanmar and Japanese cultures; To introduce and provide high quality, high value handmade products to the world market; To reduce country’s poverty rate by creating jobs and continual trainings to the minorities and poor people with high potentials from the rural regions.
- Since 2006, Supported Saunder National Textile school located in Amarapura, Mandalay region in weaving high quality silk scarves dyed with the herbal dyes and introduced the products to Japanese marketing.
- In 2008, Asia Modern Crafts Co.,Ltd participate in Tokyo Gift Show with the superior quality handicraft items created in both Amarapura and Taunggyi (a city in eastern part of Myanmar) schools of weaving and wood sculpturing.
- In 2009, Asia Modern Crafts effectively started research and development efforts towards planting and cultivating “organic” cotton, the cultivated raw organic cottons were then hand spun and dyed with natural dyes into colourful yarns. The yarns were further shipped to Mandalay and Taunggyi schools of weaving for creating high quality “organic” cotton shawls. Because the shawls were handmade and input ingredients were naturally “organic”, attracted and received major positive feedbacks from the visitors at the 2009 Tokyo Gift Show. Raising the overall image of Myanmar’s handicrafts industry in result. Development of “organic” cotton farm were approved and recommended in Letter of SSID(Small Scale Industry Department).
- In 2010, hand weaving instructors from SSID organise a 1 month summer sewing and weaving class. Among the attendees, two of the distinguished young ladies received 10 days special program to visit Japan to further learn about the sewing and weaving technology and industry.